Digitalization has changed our life completely. It has introduced many new things and as far you see it had transformed almost all the fields work to education. The changes in the field of education have given a new dimension to studies. The concept of ‘learning Outside the classroom’ becomes successfully possible only with digitalization. Many learning companies are enabling digital learning through educational apps. These apps are well designed with a combination of learning with fun. Thanks to these extraordinary learning apps where children will love to learn something new every day without any pressure or push from parents.
To boost the learning of your kid, it’s very important to choose the best app as per the educational need of the kid. So, without any further delay let’s see the feature to choose the best app where we have many options available.
How to select the best learning app?
Before we go through the list of learning apps, it’s extremely important to know ‘How to select the best learning app for the kids?’. ‘Better learning starts with the better teacher’, and choosing the best out of good is also very challenging especially when it is a matter of learning. To choose the best apps, focus to see the –
- Features of the app – while selecting the app focus on different features provided as to how they will help in your kid’s learning.
- Content covered in the app – content is very important for the learning of your kid. Evaluate the content covered in the app as per the standard and age of the kids. Choosing an app with more content or less content may decrease the interest of learning in kids.
- Apps engagement efficiency – make sure that the app has the efficiency to engage your kids with its content. The contents covered in the app should be presented in the manner that a kid loves to learn with.
- Rating and reviews of the app – rating and reviews of the app can also be a good option to judge the app. After evaluating app with all the given parameters, checking the rating and reading the reviews can also help in selecting a good app.
Top 10 learning apps for kids 2021
1. Busy Shapes – Busy Shapes is the best app for the youngest kids aligned with the Montessori method of self-directed, hands-on learning. The app is designed to develop young children’s logic and reasoning skills by learning about how objects are related to each other and how they can manipulate them. The app is available for both the platforms IOS and android with the minimum cost of $2.99.
2. Duolingo- Duolingo is one of the best learning apps for English. The app is completely free to use and offers short lessons and free games to improve English. The app includes vocabulary, pronunciation, reading & speaking and covers everything right from the beginning. The best part of the app is that it is available for all age groups so your kid can start learning from a young age. The app supports different languages apart from English including Spanish, Italian, German and many more.
3. Khan Academy- Khan Academy is the best educational app. It considers the wide range of courses for students of all ages. Khan Academy YouTube video cover subjects at a range of levels, math, science and engineering, arts and humanities, economics, AP courses and test prep.
Khan Academy has also developed a junior version Khan Academy Kids app that targets young learners from 2 to 7 years age. It covers Math, ELA, and Socio-Emotional learning by using books, videos, songs, songs and games.
4. Byju’s – Byju’s is an amazing educational app that offers highly adaptive engaging learning program for students of all ages. The app has been designed to adapt to the unique learning style of every student as per the pace and style of learning. Byju’s is paving the way for new age, geography-agnostic learning tools that sit at the cross-section of mobile interactive content and personalized learning methodology.
5. Hopscotch- Hopscotch is also one of the best learning apps for kids for their coding creativity. It allows children anything they desire and the best part of this app is, no previous coding knowledge is required and its play-along video tutorials guide them in every way. With each level, the complexity increases and children can get exposed to advanced coding skills. Hopscotch offers 7 days free trial after which the paid subscription is needed to use the app.
6. Writing Wizard- Writing Wizard is one of the best learning apps that help students to practice writing letters, numbers and words through the trace. Its user-friendly design lets kids trace shapes with the help of their fingers to understand the differences of shapes. There is an option to learn uppercase and lowercase letters along with different fonts. Its fun sound and animated ticker keep the kids engaged with the app for a long which helps them to learn new things with fun. This amazing app is also available on both the platforms iOS and Android.
7. Vedantu- Vedantu is the best learning app for students who wish to have a more guided learning experience through live sessions. The app offers live interactive experience to students using a real-time learning platform named WAVE, a technology that is built in-house.
It also has live doubt solving to solve their queries and quizzes built in a gamified manner to make real-time learning fun and engaging.
8. Quizlet– Quizlet is an extremely effective learning app for high schoolers on the market for the review of material a student will be tested on. The Quizlet learn feature provides different types of testing, such as true and false, multiple-choice questions, and based on user’s performance, increases in difficulty over time. Quizlet has 500 million archive study sets already created by users, so that new users can search within those to see if the study material is already being created of their need.
9. General Knowledge Quiz- As its name suggests, General Knowledge Quiz is one of the best GK quiz apps. It is a free GK quiz app for students who wish to enhance their General Knowledge about India and the rest of the world. The app is extremely user-friendly and has GK tests to test your knowledge on current events. The best part of this app is that you can play it offline as well.
10. Google Art and Culture- It is a wonderful free mobile app that has been designed to accompany to a well-known website, which offers a treasure trove of virtual travel and sightseeing. The app lets you search by keyword or category and read relevant editorials about the art collection.
The app provides in-depth information that goes far beyond the written word to include images and videos. Although it can be enjoyed by people of all ages, the amount of information available can be overwhelming for younger kids who may not know how to use search terms effectively.
Final word from F2 Media India
The best educational app should have all the features that effectively engage children to enhance their knowledge. Finally, open-ended choose the best app that fulfills the need of learning and allow your kid to be actively connected to the app content for its existing knowledge.