YC partners are hosting their second Aspiring founders Forum for women globally. This Forum is for women who are aspiring to become startup founders. The event will be organized online where attendees will meet YC partners, their alumnae and other entrepreneurial women. This one-day event will feature talks and panels followed by breakout rooms with experts where speakers will share their honest accounts of entrepreneurship, as well as essential startup advice.
What questions do you have about the YC entry process, experience, + impact?
I’ll be sharing a few threads leading up to the event — your questions will help inform them!🧵
— Vivian Shen (@vivianmshen) November 7, 2021
Who should attend the Event
This event will welcome all the women who are curious about launching their own startup or are in the early stage of building one. It will be particularly useful for women with science, engineering, product management background, or with specific domain expertise that could turn into a startup. This is the best opportunity for the women who are a student or already in the workforce to learn what startups are really like, directly by the women who already have started it.
This one-day virtual event will organize on November 17 from 9 am to 2:30 pm PST where speakers will share their tactical advice and their honest account of what it likes to find co-founders, leave corporate jobs, pitch investors and scale their companies. The speakers event includes –
- Jessica Livingston, Co-founder at Y Combinator
- Diane Green, Co-founder and former CEO at VMware
- Surbhi Sarna, Group Partner at YC and Co-founder at nVision
- Holly Liu, Co-founder at Kabam
- Kerry Wang, Co-founder and CEO at Searchlight
- Stephanie Simon, Head of Admissions at YC
- Carolyn Mooney, Co-founder and CEO at Nextmv
- Anu Hariharan, Continuity Investing Partner at YC Continuity
- Kat Mañalac, Head of Outreach at YC
- Erika Hairston, Co-founder at Edlyft
- Vivian Shen, Co-founder and CEO at Juni Learning
- And more!